Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Linda's Diary

Monday, June 3, 1939
It's the first day of the boys' summer vacation, and poor Willy has to drive to New England for sales. Boy is he a go getter or what? Hopefully he will have some time after work today to be with Biff and Happy. Oh how they adore him! Biff will want to throw the ole football around, since he is the star quarterback...Willy will be so tickled to watch Biff play this coming fall! Those two are joined at the hip, I swear it! He always comes home so happy! Just the other day he brought me home new stockings! He is a generous man with a big heart! Oh how I love that man!

Thursday, March 4, 1955
I am so worried about Willy, he has been coming home way too often when he should be out selling. And when he comes home he acts a little strange, I hope it has nothing to do with the rubber tube I found behind the fuse box...I shouldn't think like that, Willy would never try to hurt himself like that, maybe he forgot it there, he is getting pretty forgetful these days. But ever since the insurance inspector came over and told me that a woman claimed that Willy deliberately ran off the bridge...I've been having horrible thoughts of my poor Willy. I know things aren't going well between him and Biff, but suicide? No. Not my Willy. I just know that sometimes he gets distracted and daydreams, which is a perfect explanation for running off the bridge. Once things clear up between him and Biff, he'll be back out there selling in no time!

2 comments:

  1. You did a good job of related this to the events in the story. Very fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of sad that Happy gets less coverage in Linda's diary. Even she doesn't pay attention to him!

    ReplyDelete