Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Hap's view of Willy

What's that son? You want to know about your grandpa Willy? Alright, well he was a lot like me. He was a travelling salesman just like me! And like me, he was always away from home and working so hard to make money for Grandma, Biff, and I. Just like how I make money for you and your mother. What's that? Who's Biff? Well Biff is my brother, he left town after Pop passed and never talked to us again. He drove Pop nuts! There was a time when Pop would go on rambling all night! That's how crazy Biff made him.
But back to Grandpa Willy, he always idolized us kids, me more than Biff of course, cuz he couldn't stand Biff. Son, remember that Florida plan I have? Your Grandpa Willy always liked that idea! He was a man of business, that man! He did right by being a salesman, he would be proud of me for following in his footsteps. Son, you only have a few more years before you're going to be out in this world. Say, what do you think about that Florida plan, eh? Just picture it, you and me, father and son, running a sports shop in Florida, we'll be millionaires in no time! Ah your grandpa would be so proud! If he were still alive Son, him and I would be running that sports shop, we'd be "The Loman's: A Father and Son Business." We would have been a success, Pop had many clients up in Boston, New England, and New York, they would've made us millionaires...
Ah son, that was the darkest day of my life when Pop passed. I've never seen so many people at a funeral in all my life! That man had friends in all places! They came from miles around! All corners of the States, former clients flew from Portland and Florida, people drove down from Boston and New England. And anyone who was anyone came from New York.
Son, I tell ya, your Grandpa...He was a man to admire! He would do anything for us kids, and hell!(oops sorry Son, I'll put money in the swear jar) He'd do anything for his clients too! He even bought stockings for some clients to keep their business...(He taught me everything I know...Hap thinks to himself) What's that son? No I don't need to  buy stockings (only drinks...Hap thinks to himself), I'm much more successful than Grandpa Willy, I did him proud Son.

1 comment:

  1. I love it that Hap is STILL in the dark (or choosing to be in the dark) regarding Willy's affair.

    ReplyDelete