Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dialogue


I was in the kitchen looking for something to eat in the refrigerator at my sister's house, when i heard my three year old niece and my sister start fighting...

the little girl stumbles into the kitchen and starts hitting her mom, finally the mom says just stop being a baby and go to your room i'm trying to talk to your auntie and your being rude!

the big blue eyes widen with shock: I'm not rude...I'm not a baby. And the girl goes to her room and begins pacing back and forth in frustration: i am not a baby...i am NOT a baby... I am NOT a BABY!...I'M NOT A BABY!!

the little girl comes back to the kitchen and looks right at her mother: I AM NOT A BABY!!....your...your the baby! YOU BIG BABY!!

the mother turns to the girl: you need to go take a nap right now!

the little girl stands her ground: I...am...NOT...a.... BABY!! and begins hitting her mom again

The mom's face turns fierce: That's IT! I'm counting to three and if you don't apologize you're getting a spankin'!

ONE!

silence...

TWO!!

I'm not a baby...the girl says under her breath, still standing her ground

THREE!!!

the girl takes off running with her mother after her: I'm not a BABY!!

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me when I was younger. :)
    I like it because I can picture the argument in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely reveals child logic and thinking process. They tend to argue in mirror form. Whatever you say to them, they say it back, even if it doesn't make sense. It's also reflective of typical parenting tactics (making a child go to his/her room and that strange parenting convention of beginning to count before doling out a punishment!)Very realistic. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete